Zesty Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
A combination of all my favorite foods! – Perfect as a light (yet filling!) lunch or even as a starter for a dinner party.
2 Portobello mushrooms
70g fresh crab meat
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of smoked Spanish paprika
1 tsp of fresh lemon zest
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
Handful of chopped basil
2 precooked sweet potato discs – mashed
1 spring onion – finely chopped
1/4 of a fresh red chilli
2 cloves of garlic – crushed
5cm of fresh root ginger – grates
8 asparagus stalks
Sprinkle of lemon pepper
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
2 Lemon wedges – to serve
- Heat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and scoop out the dark gills from the mushroom
- Dry off the crab meat and combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Place the mushrooms on a parchment lined baking tray
- Fill them up with the stuffing and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- When the mushrooms have 5 minutes left heat the griddle pan
- Add the coconut oil and allow to melt
- Add the asparagus, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the lemon pepper and juice, cook for a further minute and remove from the heat.
- When the mushrooms have finished cooking, plate up and serve with the lemon wedges and asparagus.
- Enjoy! 🙂