Hearty Italian Chicken
I prepared mine about an hour and a half before baking, which definitely adds to the flavour so if you have have time I recommend doing the same!
2 Large chicken breasts – skinned and boned
2 Large cloves of garlic – crushed
Handful of fresh basil – finely chopped
1 Red onion – cut into rings
10-12 Santini tomatoes (or cherry) – washed and left whole
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
Baby spinach to serve.
- Rub the olive oil, garlic and basil into the chicken. Leave to rest.
- In a small pan add the coconut oil and red onions, sauté for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften – then add 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and reduce the heat. Once they have caramelized add to a baking dish with the tomatoes.
- Place the chicken on top of the onions and tomatoes and bake in the oven at 220°c for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 200° and add a drizzle of balsamic over the chicken, bake for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach and an extra drizzle of balsamic.