Lemon and rosemary infused Chicken
The perfect dish to share with family and friends.
1.5kg free-range Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
4 sprigs of rosemary
2 onions – sliced
150ml homemade chicken stock (or bone broth)
2 bulbs of garlic – halved horizontally
2 tsp Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°c.
- Ensure the chicken is completely clean, remove any string and place on a board.
- Zest one of the lemons, cut both in half and juice them. Add half the juice to a bowl with the zest, olive oil and black pepper.
- Pour the remaining juice into the cavity of the chicken with half of the rosemary, along with one of the squeezed lemons. – I also added a slice of lemon to make it look nice 😉
- Rub the lemon and oil mixture over the chicken and sprinkle on the second half of the rosemary.
- Lay out the onions on the base of a roasting tin and sit the chicken on top. Pour the stock around the chicken and place the garlic along side it.
- Roast for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 180°c and roast for a further 50-60 minutes until it is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest while you prepare the broccoli and cauliflower bake.
- Serve and enjoy!