Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Given that Halloween is just around the corner and it was a miserably rainy day, rather than carve my pumpkin I decided to make soup out of it!
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch of ginger
1/2 tbsp hot chili powder
small red onion – roughly chopped
1 1/2 cup of homemade vegetable stock
1 small sweet potato – peeled and roughly chopped
Flesh of one large pumpkin
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Place the pumpkin flesh on a baking tray and back for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a large pot add the coconut oil, when it has melted add the garlic, ginger and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes before adding the chili powder.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and add it to the pot along with the sweet potato.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes or until both the pumpkin and sweet potato have softened.
- Blend the mixture until thick and creamy.
- Serve with some toasted pumpkin seeds and enjoy!