Crispy Hake with lemon butter sauce
2 Cape Hake Fillets (roughly 260g)
200g peeled Atlantic Prawns
1-2 tbsp coconut flour
50g + 1 tsp of grass fed butter
Juice of 1 lemon
50ml homemade chicken stock
500g baby spinach
2 tbsp coconut oil
Cracked black pepper
- Lightly dust the hack fillets with the coconut flour.
- Heat a large griddle pan with coconut oil until smoking, add the hack fillets and reduce the heat. Cook for 4 minutes a side.
- In a small saucepan heat 50g of butter, 3/4 of the lemon juice and the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer whisking all the time. Once thickened remove from the heat, sprinkle with some black pepper and set aside.
- In a small pan heat 1/2 tsp of butter with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil until slightly brown and bubbling, add the prawns and fry until golden and crispy. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Wash the spinach and add to a hot dry pan, cook until wilted.
- Serve the hack on a bed of baby spinach, spoon over some lemon butter sauce and top with crispy prawns. Enjoy!