400g of lean pork mince.. don’t worry I didn’t eat it all! I would allow 50-60g per person
1 head of Iceberg lettuce separated into cups
Santini tomatoes – halved
1/4 Cucumber diced
1 carrot – grated
Handful of button mushrooms – chopped
1/2 fresh chili – diced
1 clove of garlic – crushed
1 beef tomato – diced
1 red onion – diced
Handful of fresh basil – torn
2 tsp hot chili powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Cracked black pepper
- Mix all the spices together in a bowl and then grind with a pestle and mortar.
- Heat a large pan with 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add the mince, saute for 2-3 minutes before adding the spices and mixing thoroughly to ensure it is evenly coated. Reduce heat and allow to cook through.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil, when heated add the garlic, chili and mushrooms. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl make some pico de galo – add the beef tomato, red onion, basil and a good helping of cracked black pepper, mix well… et voila!
- Serve all the toppings in separate bowls/ plates with the mince and lettuce cups and enjoy a tasty, fun, DIY dinner.