Special pork fried rice
400g lean pork mince
1 spring onion – finely chopped
1 red onion
1 red chili
2 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of ginger – peeled
1 tbsp of fish sauce
3 tbsp coconut aminos
juice of 1 lime
4 cauliflower florets
3 baby carrots – diced
2 heads of baby pak choi – separated
2 button mushrooms – chopped
Handful of beansprouts
Handful of cashew nuts
2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Blend the garlic, chili, ginger, fish sauce, coco aminos, lime juice and red onion until they form a thick paste.
- Boil the cauliflower for 10 minutes. Strain off the water and refresh under the cold tap. Add to the food processor for 2-3 minutes until it has become a rice like mixture, set aside.
- In a large wok add the coconut oil and heat until smoking hot, add the mince and brown.
- Once the mince has almost cooked through add the paste,reduce the heat and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pak choi and the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes on low before adding the mushrooms.
- Add the cauliflower to the mix, turn off the heat and allow to sit.
- Heat a small pan, rinse the beansprouts and add to the pan while damp, fry off until golden.
- Toast the cashew nuts.
- Add the rice to a bowl and top with the beansprouts, spring onion and cashew nuts, serve and enjoy!