Chicken and Chorizo Bake
A warm and hearty dinner for a wet and windy night.
6 Boneless chicken thighs
2 Sweet peppers – cut into small chunks
2 Red onions – thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
2 tbsp Tomato paste/purée (insure there is no added sugar)
300ml Homemade chicken stock – see my recipe
125g Chorizo – diced
1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan, fry the chicken on both sides until golden and crispy – roughly 6 minutes a side.
- Set the chicken aside in a baking dish.
- Add the onions to the pan, sauté until soft then add the chorizo and peppers to the pan – fry for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the purée and stock, sprinkle the paprika over the onion, peppers and chorizo before adding the liquids to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the chicken and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.