Brilliant Breakfast Sushi
There are two very different ways to enjoy this breakfast – If you’re trying to impress someone special this is the breakfast to go for! It couldn’t be any easier yet, it looks like you spent hours lovingly tieing up bite size bacon parcels for them! Failing that cook up a load of bacon, spinach, toms etc and put them in the middle of the table for a fun and delicious DIY breakfast that everyone can enjoy!
6 bacon eyes
150g of spinach
6 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 pieces of spiralized Courgette/ zucchini
- Add the tomatoes and the balsamic to a small pan and leave to cook on a very low heat while you prepare everything else.
- Grill (broil) the bacon medallions for roughly 3 minutes a side, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat a dry pan, rinse the spinach and add to the pan wet. Cook until it has wilted.
- Once the balsamic vinegar has reduced and the tomatoes are cooked remove from the heat.
- On a chopping board lay out the zucchini string.
- Take one bacon medallion and bend into a taco shape, fill with spinach and one tomato. Place on the “string”, measure how much you will need to wrap it around and then trim it. Tie 2 small knots to secure the parcel and then repeat the process until all of the ingredients are gone.
- Serve with the leftover balsamic and tomato juices and enjoy.
A few weeks ago I was having a very lazy morning, I grilled some bacon medallions and sautéed some spinach. Looking at the plate it wasn’t very exciting.. until I started eating them and that’s when I got the idea for this recipe! A lot of people have been asking me where I get my ideas from, and I really can’t explain it any better than simple trial and error!!