Scrummy Salmon stuffed with Spinach AND WRAPPED IN BACON!!
I’m heading off to Germany at 7am in the morning, for a weekend of great fun and even better food! With that in mind I’ll be pretty much MIA for the next 4 days BUT when I get back I will be getting stuck into Whole30 round two!!!
Despite the fact that I haven’t packed a single thing or even decided what I’m packing, I took to the kitchen this evening to try out this dish and let me tell you – it is as delicious as it looks and then some!! 3 of my favourite ingredients combined to make a finger-lickingly good dinner!!
2 Salmon Darns
1 large clove of garlic – crushed
6 slices of streaky bacon (no added sugar)
1 tbsp of olive oil
½ a lemon – cut into wedges
Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Heat ¼ tbsp of olive oil in a small pan; add the garlic and sauté for roughly one minute until the oil it starts to lightly brown. Add the spinach and cook at a medium heat until wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle with some black pepper and place the spinach on top of it.
- Wrap each piece of salmon with the bacon as shown.
- Place the darns in an oven dish lined with ¼ tbsp olive oil and some more black pepper, cover the dish with tin foil and add to the oven for 12 minutes.
- Heat a pan with the remaining ½ tbsp. of olive oil, sear the darns on the pan for 5-6 minutes or until the bacon has crisped.
- Remove the salmon from the pan, squeeze the lemon wedges of the darns, serve and enjoy!