Chicken with Cashew nuts
Straight back to another round of Whole30 after my weekend of indulgence! A compliant version of one of my favourite meals to beat the Monday blues 🙂
2 chicken breasts – diced
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 red onion – finely chopped
1/2 red pepper – diced
1 large clove of garlic – crushed
1/2 inch piece of ginger grated
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/8 cup sesame oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp hot chili powder
Handful of cashew nuts
2 courgettes spiralized
1 spring onion – finely chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat a small pan/wok with some coconut oil. Coat the chicken in the flour and fry.
- Once the chicken has cooked through, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Add some more coconut oil to the pan with the garlic, saute the onions for 2-3 minutes, once the start to become translucent add the ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the pepper.
- Mix the sesame oil, coco aminos, fish sauce and chili powder together in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce to onion and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes before adding the chicken.
- In a small dry pan toast the cashew nuts.
- In another wok/ large pan heat the remainder of the coconut oil and saute the courgette until it is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the spring onions and cashew nuts as a garnish and enjoy!