Crunchy Coconut Patties
These patties are the perfect combination of crunchy coconut on the outside teamed with a flavoursome moist pork interior, great by themselves or teamed with some sweet potato fries and garlic paleo mayo!
400g lean pork mince
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 desiccated coconut
Cracked black pepper
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°c.
- In a large bowl combine the spices, mince and egg until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix the almond flour, desiccated coconut, 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper together and lay the mixture out on a large dinner plate.
- Using a metal spoon take roughly 3-4 tablespoons of the mince mixture and shape it into a small patty with your hands, roll it in the flour and set aside. Repeat this step until you have used all of the mince. (Makes 6-8 patties) Discard any left over flour mix.
- Heat a large pan with half of the coconut oil, place 3-4 patties in the pan and brown for 3 minutes a side, add to a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the coconut oil for the remaining patties.
- Place the patties in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!