The perfect winter warmer
150g diced butternut squash
1 tsp dried oregano
130g cooked chicken
6 slices of cucumber
1/2 a beetroot, thinly sliced
1/2 avocado diced
Handful of pine nuts
40g Baby leaf rocket salad
4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Melt the coconut oil and coat the butternut squash in the oil and sprinkle with oregano. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- On a large plate lay out the lettuce, sprinkle with the diced avocado and add the cucumber.
- Tear the chicken and add it to the plate
Followed by the beetroot and squash.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside to cool.
- Heat the balsamic glaze until reduced, sprinkle over the salad and garnish with the pine nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!