Crispy Celeriac and Spinach TWO WAYS
For those looking for a whole30 approved vegetarian option this dish is fabulous! Meat eaters can have it as a delicious side and those not following whole30 can add in the Quinoa. All options are equally delicious and so simple to make – I’ve tried them all!!
1/2 head celeriac – diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried)
Dash of hot water
1/2 cup Quinoa
1 cup fresh vegetable stock
- Heat a casserole dish with the olive oil over a high heat, add the celeriac and thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to brown, add a splash of hot water (1-2 tbsps) and cover – cook for a further 5-6 minutes, until it has softened.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach – allow to wilt.
– If not adding the quinoa, serve and enjoy!
- Simmer the quinoa in the vegetable stock for 12-15 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
- Mix together the quinoa, celeriac and spinach.
Serve and enjoy!