Zesty Zoodles that will transform your Meat free Monday!
For me, Meat Free Monday is about more than just not eating meat one specific day a week – it’s about experimenting with vegetables in ways which you normally wouldn’t. Why not try your zoodles cold and your avocado warm?!
1 courgette/ zucchini
1 carrot – peeled
3 cherry tomatoes – quartered
1/2 an avocado
1 clove of garlic – minced
1/4 of a chilli – finely chopped
The juice of one lemon
2 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
Sprinkle of lemon pepper
Handful of pine nuts
Small bunch of chopped fresh parsley
– If you are not a Meat Free Monday participant or you’re making this another day of the week, some hot crispy bacon mixed through this dish is to die for!
- Spiralize the courgette and carrot and add to a large bowl.
- Mix in the lemon juice and 2 tbsp of the olive oil with the “noodles”, sprinkle with the lemon pepper.
- In a small pan toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan and lightly saute the garlic and chili for about 30 seconds before adding the avocado.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook until the avocado has heated through.
- Mix half of the parsley through the “noodles”, add the avocado and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Scatter the pine nuts and the remaining parsley over the top, serve and enjoy!