Roasted Root Vegetables
My roasted root vegetables are absolutely delicious and can be teamed with just about anything! I love them having a big bowl of them by themselves, or as a side with a Sunday roast.
The best thing about them is they can be reheated in the oven at the same temperature for 5-10 minutes without compromising on the taste or texture! I also love popping them into my salads on days that I know I’m going to be busy – to keep me fuller for longer. They never get boring because you can change up the combination so easily!
3 baby parsnips
3 purple carrots
3 orange carrots
1/2 sweet potato
1/2 tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tbsp dried sage
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
Small handful of fresh parsley
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Peel and chop all of the vegetables.
- Mix the coconut oil, thyme, sage and oregano in a large bowl.
- Toss the vegetable in the oil and herb mixture.
- Place on a baking dish and sprinkle with parsley and season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked through – tossing every 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!