Paleo Pulled Pork
Over the last year pulled pork has risen in popularity, yet people rarely attempt to make it themselves!! This recipe is so simple and full of flavour once you make it yourself you will never want to eat it out again!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
400g Pork Belly Slices
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Rub the cayenne pepper into the pork and place in a large bowl.
- Cover with a good helping of coconut aminos – about 1/4 of a cup.
- Cover the bowl and leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 160°c/325°F.
- Lay out some tin foil on a baking tray – place the pork belly on the tin foil and pour over any excess marinade. Parcel up the pork and add to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 140°c/284°F and cook for roughly 2 hours, until the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Taking one slice at a time pull the pork by holding onto the fat and using a fork to flake the meat. Repeat until all of the meat has been pulled.
- Either discard the fat or crisp it up on on a dry pan for some delicious crackling!
- Serve the pork as is – or as part of a summer salad – Enjoy!!