Vietnamese Salad Bites
Hi Everyone – apologies for the lack of recipes last week I was super busy getting ready for my Cooks Academy Exam!
Which I am delighted to say went extremely well and have now started into my second term in the cookery school!
Today was all about Vietnamese food and after a intense day of food I wanted something light and refreshing for dinner – out came my Vietnamese Salad Bites inspired by Cooks Academy.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
1 Head of little gem lettuce, separated into leaves
4 Pak choi stalks
4 Inch piece of cucumber
1 Spring onion
4 tbsp Agave (Substitute 2 tbsp sesame oil & 2 tbsp coconut aminos for Whole30)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red chili finely diced
Zest and juice of one lime
Handful of mint and coriander finely diced
1 radish finely sliced
Handful of cashew nuts
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts and set aside to cool.
- Julienne all of the vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan combine the garlic, chili, agave, lime zest and juice and gently heat.
- Toss the vegetables in the dressing and add in the coriander and mint.
- Place the vegetables in the lettuce cups, scatter over the radish.
- Finely chop the nuts and sprinkle on top, serve and enjoy!