Secret Sausage Pasta
It’s National Vegetarian Week this week so I’ve put together this “secret” pasta that veggies and non-veggies a like can enjoy! What’s the big secret?? This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Vegetarian!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
It can also be adapted to suit Paleo & Whole 30 – See below!
1 packet of Dee’s Wholefoods Traditional Vegan Sausages
(To adapt this recipe to Paleo & Whole30 sub sausages for 2 cups of minced walnuts)
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 green chili
2 stalks of celery
1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp crushed chilies
2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Olive oil/ coconut oil
Handful of fresh basil to garnish
1 courgette per person, spiraled.
- Finely dice all of the vegetables.
- Skin the sausages, half them and roll them into balls.
- Heat a large pan with you chosen oil, add onion, celery, garlic and chili and lightly saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage balls and allow to brown for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the balsamic.
- Pour the tomatoes over the mixture and bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer.
- In a separate pan, gently saute the courgette for 1-2 minutes.
- In the meantime, mash the sausage balls up and mix thoroughly through the sauce.
- Toss the courgette in the sauce, serve with a basil garnish and enjoy!