Crispy Duck Salad
In need of something to brighten up your day as the weather starts to get colder? This Crispy Duck Salad is exactly what you need! Bursting full of flavour and goodness!
This recipe Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved
2 Duck breasts
1/4 Head of red cabbage
1 Head of cos lettuce
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Sprinkle of coarse salt
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tbsp agave (omit for whole30 and sub extra OJ)
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/356°F.
- Place the duck breasts skin down on a cold oven proof pan and place it on a high heat for 6-8 minutes until the skin starts to go golden and the fat renders down. Sprinkle the duck with some coarse salt and seal on the opposite side for 2-3 minutes before placing in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- In a jar combine all of the dressing ingredients and give them a good shake. (If you prefer a runnier dressing let it out with some extra olive oil or OJ)
- Slice the lettuce, carrot, avocado and cabbage and spread over a serving plate.
- Add some of the dressing, slice the duck breast and place on top.
- Add the remainder of the dressing and sprinkle with on the poppy seeds, serve and enjoy!