Maple Glazed Duck
It’s the beginning of the festive season! Why not change things up this year with a delicious roast duck?!
I absolutely adore duck – it’s one of my favourite meats! This recipe is full of flavour with very little effort needed in the kitchen, sit back and relax while it looks after itself!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
1 Duck (1.5-2kg)
Juice and zest of 2 oranges
1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tbsp dried thyme
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 whole orange
- Preheat your oven to 190°c/375°F.
- In a small saucepan combine the orange zest, juice, maple syrup, balsamic, thyme and garlic.
- Place over a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Prick the skin of the duck all over and place breast up on a wire cooking rack.
- Slice the orange and place in the cavity of the duck.
- Baste the duck with 1/2 of the marinade and place in the oven 60 minutes per KG and 20 mins over.
- Baste every 10-15 minutes until the marinade runs out.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving and enjoy!