The No Fuss Omelette
The No Fuss Omelette is extremely versatile you can enjoy it for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner! I’m loving chives at the moment – they really liven this up!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
1 large egg
2 egg whites
Small handful of chopped chives
For the filling:
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 bell pepper, diced
6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp of good quality balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat a small pan with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil and saute the onion for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add in the pepper and saute for another 2-3 minutes before adding the mushrooms and cooking for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle over the balsamic and reduce the heat to low while you prepare the rest of the dish, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the egg and the egg whites in a bowl, once combined whisk in the chives.
- Heat a large frying pan with the remainder of the coconut oil and pour the egg mixture onto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Loosen the omelette around the edges and flipping, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the opposite side or until cooked through to your liking.
- Slide out of the pan onto a plate and load with the balsamic veggie mix – serve and enjoy!!