Cobb Salad Sambos
I absolutely love Cobb Salads! I can be so indecisive when it comes to choosing what I want to eat when I’m out, so if there is one on the menu I usually go for it because you get a little bit of everything! These Cobb Salad Sambos are a little bit of a play on the traditional Cobb Salad that I’ve shared with you before and I am obsessed with them!! Wait until you try them!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
2 sweet potatoes
2 turkey breasts
6-8 slices of bacon
100g of cooked prawns
5 leaves of Cos lettuce, finely sliced
1 beef tomato, finely diced
3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
Small handful of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Slice the sweet potato into “toast like” slices and place on a baking tray with 1/2 tbsp of melted coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake the sweet potato in the oven for 15-20 minutes, tuning half way.
- In the meantime, boil the egg for 6 minutes, remove from the boiling water and place in a bowl of cool water and set aside.
- Grill / broil the bacon for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked and crispy.
- Heat a pan with some coconut oil and cook the turkey breasts. Remove them from the pan and allow them to rest before slicing.
- Once the sweet potato as cooked you are ready assemble your sambos!
- Finely slice the avocados and place on top of the sweet potato with the bacon.
- Next add the turkey.
- Followed by the lettuce, tomato and prawns.
- Scatter over the pumpkin seeds and drizzle on the balsamic vinegar.
- Finally crack open the boiled eggs, serve on the side and enjoy!