Paleo Banana Bread with Walnuts & Raisins
I’m on a bit of a culinary journey at the moment, I’ve started a full-time cookery course with Cooks Academy and I’m absolutely loving it!!
Today was all about bread – so I decided to come up with my own Paleo-Friendly Banana Bread!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
4oz / 110g Almond Flour
2oz / 55g Coconut Oil, solid
1 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
4 tbsp Agave Nectar
1 1/2 Bananas (the riper the better)
Handful of Walnuts, broken into small pieces
Handful of Raisins
(The walnuts and raisins are a great addition – feel free to add whatever you like!)
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/356°f.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour and coconut oil. Rub the coconut oil into the flour using your finger tips until it forms small “breadcrumb” like particles, mix in the arrow root.
- In a small bowl break up the banana and mash it, whisk in the eggs and add the agave.
- Make a well in the flour.
- Add the raisins and walnuts to the wet mix.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry until the dough is a nice soft consistency.
- Place the mixture in a parchment lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, check at this stage and return for a further 5 minutes if needed.
- Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!!