As much as I adore my morning porridge, it’s coming to that time of year where you long for something cooler with a huge burst of flavour – this scrumptious and totally indulgent Black Forest Gateau Overnight Oats, certainly, ticks all of the boxes! Definitely, one to prepare and enjoy over a long and leisurely summers morning!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
1 tbsp (15g) whole chia seeds
200g whole, fresh cherries
2 tbsp (30g) honey
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tbsp vanilla powder
1 cup (200ml) almond milk
2 small tubs of coconut yoghurt, (250g) I went with vanilla flavoured
- Begin by portioning the coconut yoghurt out into two containers, holding back 2 tbsp for topping at the end.
- Destone and half the cherries, keeping two whole for topping at the end.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, chia seeds, cacao powder & vanilla powder.
- In a large jug combine the honey and almond milk and mix thoroughly until it comes together, pour this mixture into the oats and stir until combined. Set aside while you complete the next steps.
- Add 1/4 of the cherries to the containers with the coconut yoghurt.
- Next finely dice the remainder of the cherries and add it to the oats mixture.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into each of the containers and refrigerate either overnight or for a few hours until set.
- Once you are ready to serve, dress with the final 2 spoons of coconut yoghurt and remaining cherries, serve, devour and enjoy!