Chocolate Covered Paleo Flapjacks…. mmmm!
I’ll be completely honest and say I’ve found it hard to get back on track after Easter – I know I know it was weeks ago…! But for some reason, I have become an absolute chocolate fiend ever since!! Over the weekend I had a serious craving for something gooey and chocolaty and these bad boys were born! You have to try them out they are delicious!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Paleo.
Chocolate Covered Paleo FlapjacksPrint This
- 300g cashew nuts
- 12 dates
- 1/4 cup of agave or your preferred sweetener
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 200g of dark chocolate, min 85%
- Place the cashew nuts in your food processor and blend on high until you have a flour-like consistency.
- Add in the dates and pulse until they are broken up.
- Add the agave, coconut oil, desiccated coconut and almond butter to your food processor and blend until the mixture is combined.
- Press the mixture into either a silicone baking tray or a normal one lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten it out so that the top is nice and smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the nut base so that it is nice and evenly covered.
- Place in your freezer for 1-2 hours until set.
- Remove from the freezer, slice into bars and enjoy!!