Sunday Brunch Style Cauli Tots
These Cauli Tots are delicious at any time of the day, my favourite way to serve them is for brunch with a large helping of my Marinara Sauce for dipping!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
1/2 a head of cauliflower
1 small white onion roughly chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
A pinch of red chili flakes and hot chili powder
3 pieces of back bacon, cooked and chopped into strips
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 egg Salt & pepper to taste
1-2 tsp Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/ 428°F.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and boil for 5-6 minutes until tender, refresh under cold water and drain well, add to the blender with the onion and spices, blend until the cauliflower looks like “rice”.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower rice mix, spring onion, and bacon.
- Add the egg, season and mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands to squeeze and shape the mixture into “tots”.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, drizzle a little coconut oil over the tots and bake for a further 10 minutes before turning.
- Bake on the opposite side for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve with a helping of Marinara for dipping and enjoy!