This week as part of Wonky Meets, I caught up with Finn Ni Fhaolain, a private chef, marine scientist and food writer and she shared this EPIC recipe for her Lean n’Green Smoothie Bowl with me!
What Finn says about this recipe:
“I am absolutely OBSESSED with this recipe, I’d say I make it most weekdays unless the weather is really cold. It is super simple, keeps you full for ages and also gives you a mega dose of greens so you’re not worrying as much for the rest of the day on where to get them into your meals.”
For me the best part about this recipe is all of the amazing ingredients & how super quick and easy it is – just 2 steps and you’re ready to dig in! We had a ball making it, check out the video below!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Paleo.
Be sure to check out the full interview with Finn here!
Finn’s Lean n’Green Smoothie BowlPrint This
- Smoothie Base: 2 cubes of frozen hemp juice (or wheatgrass juice)
- 1/2 cup frozen tropical fruit e.g. papaya, pineapple and mango mix
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1-2 tbsp brown rice protein powder - I use Pulsin
- 1 tsp lacuma powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Optional toppings: 1 banana
- Handful of blueberries
- Granola of your choice
- Toasted desiccated coconut
- Chopped pecans
- Goji Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- Add all the base ingredients together and blend. You want as little liquid as possible as you want an ice-cream-like texture, so add the almond milk bit by bit.
- Pour your smoothie mix into a bowl and add your toppings whatever way you like and tuck in! On warm sunny days Finn loves this with an iced coconut cold brew coffee. Sounds yum!