These turkey patties are quite literally little turkey & stuffing bites and to me, they taste just like Christmas! If you are looking for some appetiser/canape ideas this holiday season they work just as well rolled into smaller bite-sized pieces and served on a cocktail stick!
Similarly to chicken thighs, turkey thighs can be overlooked in terms of taste & nutritional value, I really feel there is nothing better than thigh mince – it’s incredibly moist and packed full of flavour – perfect for this recipe!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Turkey PattiesPrint This
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (40g) ground almonds
- 1 red onion (80g), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 handful (30g) dried cranberries (soften slightly in some warm water for 2-3 mins)
- 1 tbsp (15g) grassfed butter/ghee
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive/coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/350°F.
- Begin by sweating the onions with the butter/ghee over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until translucent, adding a drop of water if needed.
- Add the onions to a large bowl and combine all of the remaining ingredients bar the tsp of oil.
- Thoroughly combine the mixture and begin shaping into patties, this recipe yields 10.
- Heat a large frying pan with your chosen oil and brown the patties for 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the patties are fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy! This recipe works great for all hours of the day, I’m personally loving them on the go in a lunch box, with some braised cabbage & sprouts – it’s like Christmas has come early!