Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon & Asparagus
Smoked salmon is one of my all time favourite foods! I love it any time of the day – for breakfast, lunch or dinner! As a child my favourite was to have it with my mum’s homemade potato cakes! This is definitely a new winning combination and perfect for a weekend brunch!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
2 large eggs
100g of smoked salmon
70g of asparagus
1 shallot, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/ 392°F.
- Heat a pan with the coconut oil and gentle saute the shallots for 1 minute before adding in the garlic to cook for a further minute with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Diced the asparagus and add to the pan with 1/2 tbsp of water.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In the mean time line 2 ramekins with half of the smoked salmon.
- Once the asparagus has started to soften divide the mixture in 2 and add to the ramekins.
- Place the remainder of the smoked salmon on top of the vegetables before cracking in the eggs.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking – serve and enjoy!