With the winter weather still in full swing there’s nothing more comforting than curling up on the couch with a delicious, hearty, and most importantly, healthy meal – this dish certainly ticks all of the boxes!
2 cloves of garlic
1 green chili
1 red onion
1 egg – beaten
600g lean Turkey mince
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
2 cloves of Garlic – minced
1/2 green pepper – diced
Handful of fresh parsley – torn
3 tbsp Coconut oil
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/356°f.
- Blend the onion, garlic and chili into a paste, place in a large bowl and combine with the mince and the egg.
- Shape the mixture into 8 large meatballs and set aside.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add half of the meatballs cook on high for 6-8 minutes until golden and crispy before flipping them over and repeating on the opposite side. Remove from the heat and cook the second half using another tbsp of coconut oil.
- While the meatballs are cooking heat a small pot with the remaining tbsp of coconut oil, add the garlic, pepper and Italian herb seasoning and saute for 3-4 minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer the mixture until all of the meatballs are cooked. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and season to taste – I went quite heavy on the black pepper.
- Place in meatballs in oven proof dishes and pour the sauce over them.
- Place the dishes onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!