For me there is nothing better than some deliciously moreish pan seared scallops, this is my current go-to combo – I recently discovered a love for broad beans and I just adore shelling them, it’s so relaxing! I know what you’re thinking – sounds super weird but just trust me on this – don’t knock it til you try it!
If you’re on the hunt for a lower carb option sub out the baby pots for some asparagus spears – just as delicious and a great option for a dinner party starter!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Scallops with Chorizo, Baby Potatoes and Broad BeansPrint This
- 10-12 scallops
- 100g broad beans
- 2-3 inches of chorizo, sliced
- 400g cooked baby potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp garlic & chilli oil
- Salt & pepper
- Begin by sauteeing the chorizo in a dry pan.
- Slice the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and shell the broad beans.
- Allow the chorizo to cook for 4-5 minutes before adding the potatoes to the pan with some coarse salt.
- Crush one clove of garlic & add to the pan, mix everything until nicely combined, cook for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes are nice and crispy before adding the broad beans and allow to cook away on a low heat while you cook the scallops.
- Heat a griddle pan with some garlic & chilli oil and sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes a side & season with some coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place up, serve and enjoy!