I adore all types of cabbage, particularly red cabbage! It is so versatile and tastes delicious whether it’s cooked or raw. This recipe is great for prepping ahead of time for your holiday meals as it reheats really well!
I’ve been loving packing it in my lunchbox for the last week or two – it is the perfect side with my Turkey Patties to bring a little bit of festive cheer to the work day!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Speedy Braised CabbagePrint This
- 1 head of red cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 tbsp of good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- Heat a small pan with 1/2 tsp of your chosen oil and cook the bacon until golden and crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In the meantime heat a large wok/pan with the remainder of the oil and add the cabbage, cooking on high for 3-4 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add a splash of water to the cabbage, reduce the heat and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until the cabbage is nicely softened.
- Add the balsamic and bacon to the cabbage, stir thoroughly and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!