I’m sure you know by now that I am a serious lover of Brussels Sprouts, they are – I’m going to say it – my favourite vegetable! What I love most about them is how versatile they are, you can bake, steam, boil, bake, fry them or even eat them raw. My favourite way to eat them has to be to bake them though – I love how they turn out crunchy on the outside and deliciously squishy on the inside! This tahini dressing is one of my go tos at the moment and it works a treat with sprouts!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
Sesame SproutsPrint This
- 1kg Brussels sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- For the dressing:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cm ginger, minced
- small pinch of chilli flakes
- 35g tahini
- 5ml sesame oil
- 10ml lemon juice
- 5ml sherry vinegar
- 5ml olive oil
- 20ml coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/ 390°F.
- Halve the sprouts and place them on a baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and toss them in it.
- Sprinkle with some coarse salt and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until fully cooked, golden and starting to crispy.
- To make the dressing combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Remove the sprouts from the oven and plate up with spoonfuls of the sauce for dipping.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!