I absolutely adore Christmas! My favourite part of Christmas is watching people open the presents I give them! I love to get creative in my wrapping and have been known to hide presents within presents.
This year I am definitely going to be adding in some edible gifts like my Christmas Granola and Giant Chocolate Buttons but this Guiltfree Gingerbread will definitely be top of the list! Change it up by using whatever cutters you have on hand! I love making loads of different sized stars as they look great stacked up and presented!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
It can also be adapted to suit a Vegan diet.
300g Ground Almonds
1-2 tbsp of ground ginger, to taste
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
1/4 Agave nectar
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 egg (substitute 1 flax egg for vegan alternative)
- Preheat your oven to 160°c/325°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix on high until thoroughly combined and a dough has formed.
- Remove the dough from your mixer and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place another piece of parchment on top and roll out the mixture into a large square.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, before cutting into you desired shapes and placing on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 25 minutes, until golden brown. The cooking time will vary on the size of your ginger bread so be sure to keep an eye on them!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before tucking in!