Zingy Sweet Potato Fishcakes
These zesty fish cakes are fab, the perfect Friday night indulgence.
1 Large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 Egg – beaten
2 Cod fillets
Zest of 1 Lemon Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
1 inch piece of ginger – peeled and grated
2 cloves of garlic – crushed
1 red chili – finely chopped
1/2 a white onion – finely chopped
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful of coriander – finely chopped
1/2 cup almond flour
Lemon/ lime wedges and a handful of baby spinach to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c/392°F. Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and cover with 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil and the Italian herb seasoning. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, turning the potatoes over after the first 10 minutes.
- Parcel the fish up in tinfoil lined with coconut oil, pepper, lemon juice and zest as shown. When the potatoes have 8 minutes left to cook, place the fish in the oven.
- In the mean time heat the pan over a medium and melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add the garlic, chili and ginger. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes taking care that it does not burn.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute until they become translucent, roughly 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients from the pan and place in a bowl to cool.
- Remove the cod and sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
- With a fork mash the potato and add to the bowl with all the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Heat the pan over a high heat with the olive oil, using a spoon place the cakes onto the pan and lower the heat.
- After 2-3 minutes and flip the cakes.
- Lower the heat and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂