Smashed Sweet Potato, Guac & Bacon Bites
Smashed Sweet Potato, Guac & Bacon Bites. This recipe is perfect for an evening when you’re not in the mood for a huge dinner or in need of a snack to keep you going, they are even as a canapé for a special occasion! Whatever you’re in the mood for they are mouth wateringly delicious!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved
2 large sweet potatoes, skin on cut into large slices
2 ripe avocados
Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 chili, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
3 thick cut slices of bacon
3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Toss the sweet potato in your chosen oil and place on a baking dish with a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping half way.
- In a large bowl, mince the avocado with a fork and stir in the garlic, chili, tomato, onion and coriander. Set aside until your potatoes are fully cooked.
- Remove the potato from the oven and smash each slice with a fork, cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked place on a serving plate and top with a tbsp of guac on each.
- Heat a pan with some oil and fry off the bacon until fully cooked and crispy, chop and sprinkle on top of the bites and enjoy!