Sticky Pecan Cupcakes
A little something to see you through to the weekend!!
3 ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 dates – soaked in water with pits removed
100g pecans roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups of dates – soaked in water with pits removed
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp honey
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Whole pecans to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, line 2 cupcake tins with cases.
- In a large bowl blend the eggs and bananas.
- Add the honey, dates, vanilla, lemon juice and blend again.
- Fold in the pecans and place mixture in the cases.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the mean-time prepare the icing, add the dates and 2 tbsp of the water that they were soaking in to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon and blend again.
- Finally add the pecans and blend until smooth.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once they have cooled place 1 tsp of the icing on each and garnish with a whole pecan.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂