Crispy Cajun Chicken Thighs
I have been on the look out for a cast iron skillet for a couple of months now and I finally found one! I absolutely love crispy chicken thighs so couldn’t wait to try them out on it!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
6 chicken thighs (bone in)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Large pinch of chipotle
Pinch of coarse salt
Fresh lime wedges for serving
Your chosen fat for cooking
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and the spices.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix until covered in the marinade.
- Allow to marinade for 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/390°F.
- Heat your skillet with your chosen fat, I used olive oil, and add the chicken skin side down, cook for 5-6 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Flip the chicken over and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges and your choice of sides!