It’s no secret that wings are my weakness – here’s my latest combination!
2 tbsp olive oil
Zest and juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp honey (omit for whole30)
4 tbsp coconut aminos
1 red chilli pepper – finely chopped
2cm piece of root ginger – grated
3 cloves of garlic – minced
16-18 chicken wings (900g)
1 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1-2 tbsp Pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Combine the oil, lime juice, coconut aminos, (honey), fresh chilli, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- Place the chilli flakes, lime zest and sea salt in a pestle and mortar,
Crush until the mixture is combined.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking tray and cover with the excess marinade.
- Roast for 30 minutes turning half way, turn the oven up to 220°c and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chilli salt.
- Serve and enjoy!