If you haven’t already guessed, I’ve fallen head over heels for my spiralizer yet again!!
The evenings may well be getting brighter, but there is still a slight chill in the air that leaves you wanting to race home and grab a big woolly blanket to cosy up on the couch with as you enjoy a piping hot, bowl of comforting homemade soup! This recipe is the solution – Prepare the broth ahead of time and add in your zoodles as needed, for comfort in a bowl any time of the day!
For the broth:
3 chicken thighs, skinned
3/4 of a carrot, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 handful of fresh thyme
2 cups of water – just enough to cover the vegetables
Salt & Pepper
For the zoodles:
1/4 of a carrot, peeled
1/2 a sweet potato, peeled
2 large courgettes / zucchinis
Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- Add all of the broth ingredients to a large pot and season well.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes with the lid on, until the chicken has cooked through.
- Once the broth has finished cooking, remove the chicken and set aside, before straining the remainder of the mixture and discarding the vegetables.
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Once you are ready to serve your soup, tear the chicken away from the bones, add into the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn off the hob, add the zoodles and leave to stand for 3-5 minutes with the lid on.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy snuggled up on the couch with a woolly blanket!
The perfect way to relax after a busy day!