Roasting your veggies is a great way to cook a big batch without compromising on the flavour. This Amazing Bacon Veggie Bake is a great way to change up your side dishes for dinner and fantastic when it comes to meal prepping! It will really jazz up your lunchboxes for the week! I also love to have it as a meal with a fried egg on top – everything is 10 times more delicious with a fried egg!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved.
4-5 slices of thick cut bacon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, sliced
2 small or one large sweet potatoes, washed and diced (I left the skin on mine!)
1 bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, sliced into small wedges
1 head of broccoli, separated in florets
Small handful of button mushrooms
Good pinch of coarse salt
4 tbsp of olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/390°F.
- Mix the garlic, jalapeño and your chosen oil together in a large bowl, add the veggies to the bowl and toss until nicely coated.
- Lay out the vegetables on a large baking tray, sprinkle with the salt and drizzle over any oil that was left in the bowl.
- Slice the bacon into chunks and sprinkle over the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, tossing half way, until the bacon is fully cooked and the vegetables are nice and soft.
- Serve and enjoy!!