Scrumptious Spice Bowl
Move over spice bag – today I’m bringing you the ultimate Friday night fakeaway – the scrumptious spice bowl. For the last few week’s I’ve been having a different variation of this every night – it is completely hassle free and bursting with flavour, perfect for a Friday night in!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
500g baby potatoes
350g chicken breast
2 tsp coconut oil
Large pinch of chipotle
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic granules
30-40g grass-fed butter/ghee
1/4 cup Frank’s red hot
- Preheat your oven to 200°c/ 390°F.
- Slice the baby potatoes into chips and add to a large bowl with the melted coconut oil, chipotle, paprika, garlic granules and a large pinch of coarse salt.
- Lay them out on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they begin to golden and crispy.
- In the meantime slice the chicken and add it to the bowl to gather and remaining spices/oil.
- Melt the butter/ghee and pour half of it over the baby potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter to the hot sauce.
- Toss the chicken in the hot sauce, remove the potatoes from the oven and add the chicken to the tray, mixing thoroughly so that the potatoes are nicely coated in the sauce.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked before switching your oven to the grill/broiler function for 3-5 mins to allow both the chicken and potatoes to crisp nicely.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the spinach. Once the spinach has wilted nicely, serve and enjoy!