Oriental Sweet Potato Cakes that will liven up any plate
Delicious both on their own or as part of a meal, check back tomorrow to see what I’ve teamed them with!
1 large sweet potato
1/4 cup of fresh parsley – roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic – minced
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/8 tsp ground cumin (the tiniest pinch!)
1/4 cup ground almonds
Pink Himalayan salt & ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, pierce the sweet potato with a fork, place the tray and bake for 70 minutes.
- Once the potato has finished baking set aside to cool for roughly 10 minutes before cutting the skin down the middle and scooping out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 200°c/395°F and line another baking tray with parchment.
- Add the parsley, garlic, cumin and chili powder to the potato and mix thoroughly.
- Lay out the almond on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a metal spoon or spatula scoop up a handful of sweet potato, using you hands mould into a round pattie-like shape.
- Coat the cakes in the almond mixture and place the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and flip the cakes and bake for a further 20 minutes until the cakes are golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!