This salad is perfect anytime of the day or night, and guaranteed to leave you satisfied!
It is my go to dish for an action packed day.
2 slices of back bacon
1 chicken breast
6-8 tiger prawns – cooked
1 handful of mixed leaves
1/4 of an avocado
1 handful of pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
11/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Lemon pepper (or plain cracked black pepper)
– olive or coconut oil for cooking
*During the preparation of this dish I may have had a slight blonde moment and forgotten the tomatoes.. feel free to add them in! (3-4 cherry tomatoes quartered)
- Grill / broil the bacon for 2/3 minutes per side until fully cooked and crispy.
- Boil the egg for 6 minutes, remove from the boiling water and place in a bowl of cool water, when the egg has cooled peel off the shell and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into 3 strips, season with lemon pepper and place on skewers.
- Heat a griddle pan with some olive oil and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes a side – until cooked through.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds on a dry pan and set aside.
- Gently warm the balsamic vinegar until it reduces, mix with the olive oil, add to a large bowl and toss the mixed leaves in the dressing.
- Thinly slice the avocado and fan it out, quarter the egg and chop up the bacon into bite size pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl – serve and enjoy!