Open sandwich, auber sandwich…. open chicken and aubergine sandwich, OK we’re going with aubergwich!!
My latest lunchtime go-to 🙂
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole30 & Paleo.
The AubergwichPrint This
- 2 Aubergines, sliced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Large handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- large pinch of coarse salt & black pepper
- Heat a large griddle pan with 1/2 tsp of your chosen fat, sprinkle the aubergine with some salt & pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes a side until fully cooked and golden brown, before setting aside.
- Add the remaining oil/ghee to a large bowl with the herbs and spices and mix until combined.
- Cook the chicken breasts on a griddle pan for about 6-8 minutes a side until cooked through.
- Stack the chicken on the aubergine slices with the cucumber, carrot & sprouts, serve and enjoy!