Aubergine “Mozz” Sticks
Marinara Sauce means only one thing… Mozz Sticks!! So it was about time I came up with a clean alternative!
1 large aubergine
1/4 cup ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 egg beaten
1 tsp fresh parsley
Marinara sauce to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Line a grill tray with tin foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Mix the almonds, oregano and coconut flour together on a large plate.
- Cut the aubergine into rings or sticks if you prefer!
- Dip the aubergine into the egg and coat it in the flour mixture before placing on the tray.
- Repeat until all of the aubergine has been coated.
- Add to the oven for 12 minutes, flip them over and bake for a further 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the parsley and serve with some warmed marinara sauce.