I was so excited when I took to the kitchen to try out this dish and let me tell you – it is as delicious as it looks and then some!! 3 of my favourite ingredients combined to make a finger-lickingly good dinner!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
Scrummy Salmon stuffed with Spinach AND WRAPPED IN BACON!!Print This
- 2 Salmon Darns
- 100g Spinach
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ a lemon – cut into wedges
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Heat ¼ tbsp of olive oil in a small pan; add the garlic and sauté for roughly one minute until the oil it starts to lightly brown. Add the spinach and cook at a medium heat until wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle the salmon with some black pepper and place the spinach on top of it.
- Wrap each piece of salmon with the bacon as shown.
- Place the darns in an oven dish lined with ¼ tbsp olive oil and some more black pepper, cover the dish with tin foil and add to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan with the remaining ½ tbsp. of olive oil, sear the darns on the pan for 3-4 minutes until the bacon has crisped and the salmon is fully cooked.
- Remove the salmon from the pan, squeeze the lemon wedges of the darns, serve and enjoy!