Grilled peppers are one of my favorite things to have prepped in the fridge! They’re great in salads, as burger toppings, to munch by themselves or to throw into a quick pasta sauce.
All you needs is a pepper!
- Take 2 or 3 sweet peppers, cut them in quarters and remove the seeds.
- Place on a wire rack, skin side up and grill on high until the skin has gone completely black.
- Remove from the oven and place in a zip lock bag leaving it sealed until the peppers are completely cooled.
- Once they have cooled remove from the bag and skin them.
- Cut into thin strips and place in a jar, seal and refrigerate.
- The longer you leave them to set before eating them the better, as a natural oil develops making them all the more flavorsome!
My mum taught me how to do this years ago and we always have a batch in the fridge, they go with absolutely everything!