DIY Nut Butter
I absolutely love nut butter of all kinds! Here is my basic recipe that I use as the basis for all of my butters!
Looking for a fool-proof method that works for any kind of nuts than look not further!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30 Approved
400g of your chosen nuts
Pinch of coarse salt (optional)
For this recipe I have chosen my new favourite, cashew nut butter – it is so smooth and creamy you will have to lock the press to stop yourself eating the whole jar in one go!
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
2. Place the nuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 6 minutes.
3. If using nuts with skin, place in a tea towel and rub until the skin flakes off.
5. Once you have reached you desired consistency, sprinkle in a small bit of coarse salt or desired flavours, blitz until combined.
6. Store in a sterilized jar and enjoy with sweet or savoury a like!
My favourite way to eat nut butter is on a slice of banana, it’s a ridiculously good combination!